Tasmanian Renewable Energy Alliance Inc. is a Tasmanian Incorporated Association, Incorporation number IA11424. ABN: 23 422 656 832
Following the AGM on 1 December 2020, the office bearers of the Alliance are:
- President: Anthony Holbrook (Rexel Electrical Supplies) (0427) 366-698
- Secretary: Tony Polowy (Polcom) (0418) 138-684
- Treasurer: Rick Gittus (Affordable Solar Tasmania) (0428) 310-041
- Public Officer and Executive Officer: Jack Gilding (0407) 486-651
- ordinary committee members:
- Tye Clarke (Harvest Energy)
- Moreeta Pennicott (Tasmanian Energy Company)
Additional positions for committee members are vacant. We are particularly keen to have representation from members in the north of the state.
- Promote the development and use of renewable energy for households, businesses and farms in Tasmania.
- Provide the public with advice and information to assist them to choose and obtain high quality renewable energy systems from reputable local suppliers.
- Work with government regulatory agencies to ensure that industry regulation meets the requirement of public safety and consumer protection without imposing undue burdens and costs on the industry.
- Work with government, regulatory agencies and the public to address instances of substandard installation or poor consumer service in the industry.
- Organise continuous professional development (CPD) for industry practitioners including supporting the Clean Energy Council CPD for solar designers and installers.
- Provide services to members that assist them in conducting their business in an efficient and cost effective manner.
- Lobby governments to support policies that support renewable energy, create employment and reduce energy costs for consumers.
You can also download our Rules (version 6 incorporating amendments, 12 Oct 2016).