Tasmania’s feed-in tariff is not fair
Electricity generated from household solar in Tasmania is worth more double the current feed-in tariff. When all the generation, network, health and climate benefits are valued, exported Tasmanian solar is worth between 17 and 22c/kWh. Detailed arguments in support of these additional benefits were contained in the TREA submission to the Economic Regulator.
The Economic Regulator has recommended a 6.6c (+GST) feed-in tariff but acknowledged that network benefits as well as jobs, energy security and environmental benefits were outside its scope.
TREA and Solar Citizens are calling for Matthew Groom and the Premier Will Hodgman to intervene now before the Regulator publishes a final rate for 2016-2017 that is far below the true value solar PV delivers to Tasmania.
What you can do:
- Sign our petition to the Premier and Energy Minister
- promote our campaign from your twitter or Facebook account, eg:
Hey @mattgroom and @WillHodgman we want a #FairGo4Solar in #Tasmania http://tasrenew.org.au/fit/
- Share the Fact Sheet and the Fair price infographic below produced by TREA and Solar Citizens
- Read the joint media release
- Read more about our Fair Go for Solar campaign.