Saving energy and saving money
“Saving energy and saving money” forums
These were held in Launceston (4 Apr 2017) and Hobart (5 Apr 2017). You can download the flyer.
Download the presentations:
- TREA presentation: TEELS (loan scheme), why energy efficiency, tariff options, energy audits and monitoring, solar diverters.
- Home Efficiency Group presentation: roof heat recovery and ducted air circulation.
- Mode Electrical presentation: on-grid and off-grid solar plus battery options, heat pumps, containerised solar power system for a hospital in South Sudan (video)
- I Want Energy presentation: pros and cons of batteries.
- Affordable Solar Tasmania presentation: Choosing the best hot water option: evacuated tubes, heat pumps, wetback for wood stove/heater.
Read our guide Using solar PV for hot water in Tasmania (updated 29 Nov 2019 with current tariff info). You can also download presentations from our training session on 30 May on solar diverters from our events page.
Tasmanian Energy Efficiency Loan Scheme (TEELS)
TEELS was launched on 1 May 2017. It provides 3-year interest free loans up to $10,000 for households and small business. https://www.auroraenergy.com.au/teels
Get advice or a quote from a TREA member
Visit our Members page to see what TREA members can offer.
More information on energy efficiency
- Sustainable Living Tasmania’s Eco Home Guide
- Sustainable Living Tasmania / TasCOSS guides:
- Alternative Technology Association guides (some free, some $5)
- Solar Electricity: Plan your own solar electricity system.
- Efficient Hot Water: Plan your own solar or heat pump hot water system.
- Guide to reducing your energy use and saving money
- No Interest Loan Scheme (NILS) fact sheets: